Rahm on putt for playoff: 'I looked up'

Posted by your golf travel

Rahm on putt for playoff: 'I looked up'

FORT WORTH, Texas If you learn more about a player in defeat than you do in victory, Jon Rahms demeanor was telling on Sunday following the final round of the Dean & DeLuca Invitational.Just moments after failing to convert a 12-footer for birdie at the 72nd hole that would have forced extra holes against Kevin Kisner, Rahm was asked about the missed opportunity.Doesnt matter, he said. I pulled it. I looked up and I pulled it.Dont confuse desire with petulance, however. In his first season on the PGA Tour, the Spaniard has proven to be a singular talent with seven top-10 finishes and a victory earlier this year at the Farmers Insurance Open. Hes also proven to be a quick learner.If the 22-year-old, who admits hes an emotional player, didnt exactly take the long view just moments after finishing his round that should be neither a surprise nor a concern considering what hes already accomplished in his brief career.Ive been coming close. Last time I was in contention I wasn't hitting it close enough; today I absolutely striped the whole back nine, said Rahm, who closed with a 66.



Steve Stricker was just a par putt short of forcing a playoff in the final round of The Barclays. to look up there and see Stricker 8-under par," Verplank said. one shot back of Jon Rahm
Arizona State's Jon Rahm advances to U.S. Amateur


Highlights Jon Rahm ties the lead with birdie on No. 10 at CareerBuilder In the final round of the 2018 CareerBuilder Challenge, Jon Rahm rolls in an 18-foot birdie putt on the par-4 10th hole.
Other Sports: Jordan Spieth put up 'tremendous fight,' but


May 28, 2017 · Jordan Spieth put up 'tremendous fight,' but golf gods deemed him not worthy to repeat as Colonial champ Sean O'Hair and powerful rookie Jon Rahm into runners-up, Kisner got up and down from
Arizona State's Jon Rahm reaches US Amateur quarterfinals


Arizona State senior Jon Rahm won two matches Thursday to advance to the U.S. Amateur quarterfinals at Olympia Fields. Rahm, the Spanish player who tops the world amateur ranking, beat Wake Forest
Woodland, Moore head for playoff | Sports | aikenstandard.com

Jon Rahm on Putt for Playoff: 'I Looked Up' | Golf Channel


Choi closed with a 2-under 70, making a par putt from just inside 5 feet that set up the playoff. Toms also finished with with a 70, and that short putt he missed on the 17th green might not be
Jon Rahm PGA TOUR Profile - News, Stats, and Videos


Scott Hoch reacts after missing his putt during a playoff at the 1989 Masters. I looked at my par putt to win I looked up. And I'd missed it.


Rahm on putt for playoff: 'I looked up' By Rex Hoggard. May 28, 2017 at 8:34 PM. Getty Images FORT WORTH, Texas - If you learn more about a player in defeat than you do in victory, Jon Rahm's
Steve Stricker playing strong in Playoffs | Golf Channel


"I thought I made it when I looked up and it just broke too much at the end there," he said. "But it was a tough day and obviously to come down to the last putt, obviously I'd like to have
Casey wins at Innisbrook as Woods come up short by a putt


Arizona State's Jon Rahm reaches US Amateur quarterfinals Shelton made a 22-foot birdie putt on the 18th hole to square the match, then missed a 3-foot par putt on the 20th. and I saw him
Masters 2014: Scott Hoch reflects on the missed putt that


From 185 yards, his 7-iron came up some 40 feet short, and his birdie putt to force a playoff was 2 feet short. Next up for Woods is the Arnold Palmer Invitational at Bay Hill next week, which he
K.J. Choi's par on first playoff hole against David Toms

Related Post



Post a Comment